We have included below under “Cookies Info” an overview of all cookies we use, the purpose for which we use them, and how long they are retained. Some of these cookies are strictly designed to make this website available to you and are installed directly on your device without the need for your consent. Other cookies will only be stored once you have given your consent.
Google Chrome browser
Microsoft Internet Explorer browser
Mozilla Firefox browser
Apple Safari browser
Opera Web browser
Should you use another internet browser, please check the instruction on your help function on how to disable and delete cookies.
You can also click here to change your cookie consent options.
NOTE: Blocking cookies might prevent some pages from displaying correctly.
• Technically necessary: These are cookies and similar methods, without which you cannot use our services (e.g. to display our website/functions you have requested correctly, to remember your registration in the login area, to fill the shopping basket when shopping online, etc.).
• Convenience: These technologies allow us to take into account your actual or assumed preferences for the convenient use of our websites. For example, your preferences allow us to display our web pages in a language that is appropriate for you. It also helps us to avoid showing you products that may not be available in your area.
• Statistics: These technologies enable us to compile anonymous statistics on the use of our services in order to tailor them to your needs. This enables us to determine, for instance, how we can adapt our websites even better to the habits of the users.
• Marketing: This enables us to display advertising content that is suitable for you, based on the analysis of your pattern of use. In this context, your pattern of use can also be tracked via different websites, browsers or terminal devices using a User ID (unique identifier).
• User entries to remember the input over several sub-pages (e.g. to transfer selected goods to the shopping cart, to select your preferred store in the Lidl Store Finder);
• Authentication data to identify a user after registration in order to gain access to authorized content during further visits (e.g. access to the My Lidl customer account);
• Security-relevant incidents (e.g. detection of multiple failed login attempts);
• Data to play multimedia content (e.g. playback of (product) videos selected by the user).
• User interface customization settings that are not linked to a permanent identifier (e.g. the active language selection or the specific display of search queries or maps in the store finder)
• Pseudonymized User profiles with information about the use of our websites. These include in particular:
o browser-typ/ -version,
o the operating system used,
o referrer URL (the previously visited website),
o host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
o time of the server request,
o individual user ID and
o triggered events on the website (browsing patterns).
• The IP address is anonymized on a regular basis, so that it generally cannot be traced back to your person.
• We only combine the user ID with other data from you (e.g. name, email address, etc.) with your express consent (see e.g. Section 12 of this data protection regulation). Based solely on the user ID itself, we cannot draw any conclusions about your person.
• Pseudonymized user profiles with information about the use of our website. These include in particular:
o IP address,
o individual user ID,
o potential product interest,
o triggered events on the website (browsing patterns).
• The IP addresses are anonymized on a regular basis, so that it generally cannot be traced back to your person.
Google Campaign Manager, Display & Video 360, Studio
Purpose of the processing/legal basis:
Campaign Manager cookies may also record whether you perform certain actions on our website and what content you interact with, in order to then be able to show you personalized ads (including cross-domain). In addition, Campaign Manager may use cookie IDs to collect information on so-called website conversions when users interact with ads. This is the case, for example, when a user sees a Campaign Manager ad and later uses the same browser to access the advertiser's website and buy something there. The cookie used to personalise these advertisements is used by us on the basis of your consent.
Recipients / categories of recipient:
Based on the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server including in the U.S. Integration with Campaign Manager means that Google is notified when you access our website or click on one of our ads. For more information on the Google Marketing Platform, see https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/, and on data privacy generally at Google, see: https://policies.google.com/privacy.
Alternatively you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website at http://www.networkadvertising.org.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (Google). Google analytics uses text files which are stored on your computer (“cookies”) to enable the analysis of a user’s website activity. Information created and collected by cookies regarding users’ use of this website will generally be transmitted to and stored on servers in the USA. Please note that IP anonymisation is activated on this website resulting in the deletion of the last characters of users’ IP addresses. This shortening of users’ IP addresses is carried out within the European Union or in a contracting member state of the Treaty of the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional circumstances may the full IP address be transferred to and anonymised in the US. Google uses the information gathered on this website on behalf of the website’s operator to analyse users’ activity of the website, to generate reports regarding users’ website activity, to create anonymous user profiles and web statistics and to provide further services on behalf of the websites operator associated with the website and internet usage. The IP address transmitted by a user’s browser will not be combined with any other data held by Google.
Browser - Plugin available via the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Please note, that the use of the browser plugin is limited to each browser and to each computer. If you deactivate or delete the plugin after installation, it will disable the deactivation of Google Analytics.
Google’s data protection policy is available at: http://www.google.com/intl/ie/policies/privacy/
You can also prevent the collection of information by Google Analytics by clicking on the following Link. In this case an opt-out cookie is placed on your computer which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
Links to Other Websites
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
For more information about the types of cookies we use and to change your cookie content options click here.