1. By nominating a Nominee, Nominators automatically accept these terms and conditions.
2. By participating in the ‘Lidl Legends’ competition (“the Competition”), Nominees automatically accept these terms and conditions.
3. This Competition is promoted by Lidl Northern Ireland Limited, (Company No. NI647626) (“the Promoter”) whose registered office is located at Dundrod Road, Nutts Corner, Crumlin, Co. Antrim, BT29 4SR.
4. This Competition runs from Wednesday 20th May 2020 until midnight Tuesday 30th June 2020.
5. This campaign is open to members of all sports clubs in Northern Ireland that can satisfy the following set of criteria:
a) Eligible clubs must have a minor/under 18 team or division
b) The club needs to be an approved/registered member with one of the sporting bodies registered with NI Sports Forum. List of those sporting bodies found here: http://www.nisf.net/membership/representative-members/
6. Members of the public (Nominators) may nominate the member/members of the Lidl Community Works Clubs (Nominees) for their volunteer work to date during the Covid-19 pandemic by posting the name(s) of their nominee(s) , the sports club the nominee is affiliated with and the volunteer work the nominee has engaged in during the Covid-19 restrictions using "#LidlLegends" and tagging Lidl Northern Ireland on Instagram and/or Twitter or by posting the details in the comments section of the competition post on the Lidl Northern Ireland Facebook page.
7. The Promoter shall not bear any responsibility to notify Nominators of incomplete entries or entries that have not been submitted or correctly submitted by the closing date of the competition.
8. Based on the scale and level of community engagement of the Nominee’s volunteer work there shall be one (1) winner who shall win a prize of a £100 Lidl voucher; sports equipment for their club to the value of £500; and a £100 Lidl voucher for the Nominator who nominated them.
9. There will be three (3) runner up prizes of a £100 Lidl Voucher for runners up.
10. The Nominees’ level of Community engagement in carrying out their volunteer work will be judged by a panel of judges consisting of representatives of Lidl and one other independent judge (the Panel). Final decision on the winning Nominees is made at the entire discretion of the Panel.
11. The Panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding either the selection process or the outcome of the Competition.
12. The winning Nominees will be contacted through the social media account of their Nominators. The prize winners must respond within two (2) weeks from the date of contact otherwise their prizes will be forfeited.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and/or vary the Competition rules and/or these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.
14. The winning prizes are non-transferable and no other prize alternatives will be offered.
15. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, results, or conduct of the Competition, the decision of the Promoter will be final.
16. By nominating a Nominee, the Nominator agrees to the processing of any personal data in relation to themselves specifically, name and social media contact details. This data will be processed for the purposes of obtaining further information relating to their nomination as may be required by the Promoter and will be deleted upon conclusion of the Competition.
17. The Promoter will ensure that all personal data collected from Nominators will be collected and processed in compliance with Data Protection law and by submitting their nomination Nominators agree that Lidl Northern Ireland Limited may store and process their personal data for the purposes of administering the Competition. Nominators’ data will not be transferred out of the EU and any data collected and processed during the competition will be destroyed immediately after conclusion of the Competition. Nominators may withdraw their consent to such processing and have the right of access, erasure, rectification and portability. Nominees may also apply for a restriction of processing. Data protection questions or concerns can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominators may also contact the Office of the Information Commissioner.
18. Nominees agree and consent to the processing and storage of any personal data provided for the purposes of the promotional and evaluation activities around the Competition. The winning Nominees agree that in consideration of the prizes and their acceptance of same that the Promoter may use their name and likeness (either as captured or altered by the Promoter or any third party) for internal and external advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without compensation. The winning Nominees agree to participate in such promotional activities as the Promoter may require. In the circumstances, personal data of the winning Nominees’ members will be processed based on the Promoter’s legitimate interests.
19. Nominators and Nominees agree to bear complete responsibility for any personal data they submit on social media websites which shall additionally be subject to the relevant Terms and Conditions & Privacy Policies of those websites. Nominees agree to hold the Promoter harmless in relation to data they submit in this fashion.
20. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the relevant Nominee’s name and participation in the Competition for purposes of advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and winners agree to take part in such related promotional activities as the Promoter may require.
21. Adequate technical security measures are taken to ensure the security of all personal information.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to a winning Nominee or to disqualify any Nominee or discount any nomination where in its view there is a breach of any of these Terms and Conditions or activity that may bring or tends to bring the name of the Promoter, its agents, associates, products, or other affiliated organisations into disrepute or otherwise where it deems it necessary to do so at its sole discretion.
23. The prize excludes all other costs and arrangements not expressly included in the prize, such as travel and accommodation. Additional charges and expenses incurred for goods, services, attractions, facilities, upgrades, activities, events and any other items not expressly included in the prize are payable solely by the successful winner.
24. The Promoter and its associated companies will not be held liable where such charges and/or expenses are incurred, and no refund or reimbursement will be made to winners in this regard.
25. The Promoter and its associated companies will not be held responsible for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by Nominees or the winning Nominee, howsoever arising, from participating in the Competition or from acceptance of the prize, whether due to any error, omission by the Promoter its employees or agents, or for any other reason, and Nominees agree to indemnify the Promoter in this regard.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to amend any element of the Competition, for reasons beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to the unavailability of the Competition entry platform before the closing date, or for strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rules, regulations or other direction, breakdown of plant, machinery, or transportation. The Promoter and its associated companies, is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to Nominees as a result of any of these occurrences.
27. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over the interpretation of same.