1. This nominations campaign is promoted by Lidl Northern Ireland GmbH (company No. 904141), with registered office at is Main Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24 (“the Promoter”).
2. The nominations campaign runs from Monday the 14th August to Sunday the 17th of September.
3. Any community groups/projects included in the campaign will be assigned a number and will be included on a list available at the competition unit of participating stores.
4. The first place prize is £4000 cash, with two runner up prizes of £1000 cash. The first place prize will be awarded to the community group or project with the highest number of customer votes. The groups or projects that receive the second and third highest numbers of votes will receive the runner up prizes of £1000 cash each. There is one cash prize of £4000 and two £1000 cash prizes per participating store.
5. Nominations are made by filling out a nomination card located on the nomination box behind the tills and writing on the card the number which corresponds to the local community group or project chosen for nomination from a list of local clubs on the competition unit at the front of the store. Completed nomination cards should be placed in the nomination unit.
6. Participants must not include any personal data on the nomination card. Any nomination cards containing personal data will be destroyed and not be counted.
7. All entries will be sorted and counted by an independent agency.
8. The successful nominees will be selected based on receiving the highest number of nominations in the store in which they have been listed.
9. The Promoter’s decision in relation to the selection of prize winners is final; no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of this competition.
10. Cash donations will be made by The Eventor or on behalf of Lidl. Lidl shall be the provider of the cash donation.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to a group/project who breaches any of these Terms and Conditions or who brings or tends to bring the name of the Promoter , its agents, associates or other affiliated organisations into disrepute.
12. The successful community group or project may be required to provide their signature as proof of their agreement to relevant waivers, releases and/or consents when receiving a prize. Failure to sign any relevant documentation may result in forfeiture of the prize.
13. The prize excludes all other costs and arrangements not expressly included in the prize. Additional charges and expenses incurred for goods, services, attractions, facilities, upgrades, activities, events and any other items not expressly included in the prize are payable solely by the successful club(s).
14. Acceptance of a prize by a winning community group/project constitutes permission to use the relevant successful group/project’s (and any and all members thereof) name, group/project, hometown and likeness (likeness as it has been shot or in an altered manner, by employees, agents or subcontractors of the Promoter or anyone working on behalf of the Promoter and/or by local media) for purposes of internal/external advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation. The successful group/project (together with all and any members thereof) agree to take part in such related promotional activities as the Promoter may require.
15. The Promoter and its associated companies do not accept responsibility for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by nominees or participants, howsoever arising from participating in the nominations campaign, or from prize winning groups/projects from accepting any prize, whether due to any error, omission or other cause by The Promoter or their employees, agents or otherwise.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to amend any element of the nominations campaign for reasons beyond their reasonable control, including but not limited to strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. The Promoter and its associated companies, is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to club(s), groups, or projects as a result of any of these occurrences.
17. By entering into the nominations campaign, participants automatically accept these Terms and Conditions.
18. Groups are selected based on the results of a nominations phase earlier in the year.