Trolley Dash NI Terms & Conditions
Please Note: By entering into this competition, participants automatically accept its Terms and Conditions.
Terms & Conditions:
1. This competition is managed by Lidl Northern Ireland Limited, Dundrod Road, Nutts Corner, Crumlin, Co. Antrim BT294SR, Northern Ireland (The Promoter) on behalf of The NSPCC, Weston House, 42 Curtain Road, London EC2A 3NH.
2. Tickets shall be on sale in all Lidl Northern Ireland Trolley Dash participating stores, as set out below in paragraph 39, from Monday 11th November 2019 until Sunday 1st December 2019 or until such time that ticket supplies are exhausted in all stores. Tickets will not be accepted in any other Lidl Northern Ireland stores other than those listed herein to which this competition relates.
3. A Participant is defined as any person who purchases a ticket for the draw for the chance of the prize of being a trolley dash contestant (Contestant).
4. The competition is open to all residents of Northern Ireland over the age of 16, excluding direct employees of Lidl Northern Ireland Limited.
5. To enter the competition Participants must buy a ticket at a participating Lidl Northern Ireland store (per paragraph 39) and complete all fields on the ticket before putting the ticket into the box provided on the packing bench. For the entry to be valid, all fields on the ticket must be filled in correctly. Entries which are incomplete, without all the required information, incomprehensible, spoiled, or are not otherwise in accordance with the competition terms and conditions are invalid and will be discounted. The Promoter may make such determinations entirely in its own discretion.
6. The Promoter shall not bear any responsibility to notify Participants of incomplete entries.
7. Multiple entries are permitted.
8. There will be one trolley dash prize per participating store estimated in most circumstances to be worth in or around £300.
9. Trolley Dash Contestants must be available to take part in the store in which they entered the competition on Saturday 14th December at 7.45am.
10. By purchasing a ticket for the draw, Participants warrant that they are aware of the physical nature the trolley dash and the associated risks involved. Participants agree that they are physically capable of participating in the trolley dash, agree to be solely responsible for their actions, will at all material times hold the Promoter harmless from any and all liability to them in connection with the competition or their participation as a Contestant, and indemnify the Promoter in this regard.
11. The draw for the prizes will take place on Monday 2nd December 2019.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal value should the advertised prize become unavailable for reasons beyond its control.
13.The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules, including these terms and conditions, without prior notice.
14. All winners will be chosen at random from valid entries and will be notified by Monday 2nd December 2019 after the draw has taken place.
15. The Promoter’s decision in relation to the selection of prize winners is final; no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of this competition.
16. The person chosen as the trolley dash Contestant is the only person allowed to complete the trolley dash except in extenuating circumstances. Any exceptions made shall be at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
17. The prize is strictly non-transferable and products collected during the trolley dash cannot be redeemed for a cash or credit equivalent.
18. The prize consists of a 2 minute (120 seconds) trolley dash. This entitles the Contestant to free shopping for 2 minutes in the participating Lidl Northern Ireland store where they purchased their ticket. The trolley dash shall occur at the time and date specified above.
19. If the Contestant is unable to make the date, time, or location as outlined, the prize will automatically be forfeited without compensation to the Contestant.
20. Within the allotted time, the Contestant places as many items as possible in their trolley.
21. The Contestant may take a maximum of 1 of any particular item.
22. Designated non-food middle aisle promotional products are excluded from the trolley dash. Alcohol is also excluded , however the trolley dash prize will be supplemented by one bottle of white wine. The Promoter may exclude some additional products from the event in its discretion.
23. The Contestant must start the trolley dash from Aisle 1, just inside the entrance to the store, and finish at any checkout once the two minutes have elapsed.
24. The Contestant will be alerted after each 30-second interval has elapsed.
25. If a Contestant fills a trolley within the two minutes, he/she may return to the starting point with the full trolley and get a second/empty one.
26. Any items that are broken or damaged by the Contestant during the trolley dash will not be substituted for undamaged items.
27. Products obtained during the trolley dash cannot be exchanged for replacement products or for cash.
28. Contestants are encouraged to have family/friends present to watch the trolley dash but they must watch from behind the tills so as not to impede the trolley dash.
29. The Contestant will be informed of the rules of the trolley dash before the time commences.
30. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of this competition, the decision of the Promoter will be final.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility (including but not limited to requesting written proof of age of any Participant or Contestant) and identity of any winner before the prize of the trolley dash is given to any Participant.
32. Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurance, fees and surcharges on any prize are the sole responsibility of the Contestant.
33. All prize winners agree that in consideration of the prize and their acceptance of same, the Promoter may use their name, hometown and likeness (likeness as it has been captured or in an altered manner, by employees, agents or subcontractors of the Promoter or anyone working on behalf of the Promoter and/or by local/other media) for purposes of internal/external advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and prize winners agree to take part in such related promotional activities as the Promoter may require. In such circumstances, prize winners’ personal data will be processed on a contractual basis and in the Promoter’s legitimate interests.
34. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse a prize to any Participant or disqualify a Participant who breaches any of these terms and conditions or who acts in such a manner that, in the Promoter’s sole opinion, tends to bring the Promoter or its brand into disrepute.
35. Participants agree to personal data being stored and processed by Lidl Northern Ireland Limited for the purpose of administering the competition and for the purposes outlined in paragraph 33 above in relation to prize winners. The Promoter will ensure that all personal data is processed in accordance with data protection legislation on the basis of Participants’ consent. The Promoter will not transfer Participants’ personal data to any third parties outside the EU. Adequate technical security measures are taken to ensure the security of personal data at all times. Participants’ personal data will be destroyed at the conclusion of the competition except insofar as same are required for promotional purposes in line with these terms and conditions. Participants may withdraw their consent to such processing and have the right of access, erasure, rectification and portability. Participants may also apply for a restriction of processing. Data protection questions or concerns can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
36. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any loss, injury or damage whatsoever suffered by any Participant as a result of their taking part in the trolley dash. The Promoter shall not be liable for any recourse or claims as a result of any kind of physical, mental or other loss or damage suffered due to the Participant’s involvement in the trolley dash.
37. The Lottery Certificate holder is Lidl Northern Ireland Limited, Dundrod Road, Nutts Corner, Crumlin, Co. Antrim BT294SR, Northern Ireland.
38. 100% of all proceeds will go to beneficiary The NSPCC, Weston House, 42 Curtain Road, London EC2A 3NH.
39. Trolley Dash Region 1 tickets sold at the following participating stores: Lisburn (Moira Rd), Lisburn (Prince William St), Portadown, Armagh, Craigavon, Magherafelt, Lurgan, Derry, Limavady, Coleraine II, Banbridge, Newry, Newry-Damolly, Enniskillen, Lisnaskea, Dungannon, Cookstown, Omagh, Strabane. Tickets bought in these stores must be entered into a competition box in one of these stores or the ticket will be invalid. Trolley Dash Region 2 tickets sold at the following participating stores: Andersonstown, Connswater, Ballymoney, Shore Road, Portrush, Ballyclare, Newtownabbey, Antrim-Junction One, Ballynahinch, Downpatrick, Stewartstown, Castlereagh, Ballymena, Newcastle, Larne, Bangor, Newtownards, Carrickfergus, Belfast-High Street. Tickets bought in these stores must be entered into a competition box in one of these stores or the ticket will be invalid.