CAROL SINGING COMPETITION
Terms & Conditions
1. This competition is promoted by Lidl Northern Ireland GmbH, (Company No: NF003510) (“the Promoter”) whose registered office is located at Dundrod Road, Nutts Corner, Co. Antrim BT29 4SR, Northern Ireland.
2. The competition runs from Monday 22nd October 2018 until midnight Sunday 4th November 2018.
3. The competition is open to groups in Northern Ireland, excluding employees of Lidl Ireland GmbH and Lidl Northern Ireland GmbH, affiliated companies of Lidl Ireland and Lidl Northern Ireland, partners, families or anyone associated with this competition (“Participants”).
4. The prize for each of the winning groups is a chance to sing at a Lidl Store, and raise funds for their chosen charity.
5. To enter this competition, Participants must fill in the online entry form provided by Lidl on https://www.lidl.ie/carolsinging. All valid entries will be entered into the competition. Only one entry will be permitted per group.
(a) must be suitable for display and publication online and should not be obscene or indecent (including but not limited to nudity, pornography or profanity), and must not contain defamatory statements or words or symbols that are offensive either generally or to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group. They must not include threats to any person, place, business or group, must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and must not in any other way violate applicable laws, regulations, or network standards if sent electronically;
(b) must not contain or refer to any products other than those of Lidl and must not contain or reference any third party trademarks or logos other than those of Lidl, unless such inclusion is merely incidental and is not unduly prominent as long as it is included with due cause and in such a way that it does not take unfair advantage of any third party trademarks; and
(c) must be the entrant’s own work and must not contain any copyright protected works (other than as owned by the entrant).
7. As part of their entry, Participants must explain their story of why they want to fundraise at a Lidl store. Winners will be selected based on which Participants have the best story of why they are fundraising in the sole opinion of the Promoter. [MH1]
8. Any entries which are incomplete, without all the required information, illegible, incomprehensible, in poor taste, derogatory, defamatory, made or received after the deadline for receiving entries has passed, or which are not received by the Promoter or are not otherwise in accordance with the campaign terms and conditions, are invalid and will not be included.
9. The Promoter shall not bear any responsibility to notify Participants of incomplete entries or entries that have not been submitted or correctly submitted by the closing date of the competition.
10. Groups submitting an entry are required to designate one person as the agent of the group to make the entry, agree to these terms and conditions, and act as liaison with the Promoter. This agent must be at least 18 years of age.
11. Entries received in connection with this competition may be reviewed by the Promoter or a third party moderator after they have been submitted online to confirm that they comply with these terms and conditions. If any such entries are or could reasonably be construed as being unlawful or contrary to these terms and conditions, they will be discarded.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition and/or vary competition rules and/or these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility (including but not limited to requesting written proof of age of any Participant) and identity of any Participant and / or winner before prizes are distributed.
14. The decision of The Promoter in relation to the selection of winners is final; no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the competition.
15. The winner will be contacted via the details provided on entry to the competition. The winner must respond and make arrangements for the carol singing to take place. If the winner does respond within 1 week [MH2] from the date of contact, their prize will be forfeited.
16. All prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other prize alternatives will be offered. Prizes will only be awarded to the winning groups.
17. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, results, or conduct of the competition, the decision of the Promoter will be final.
18. By participating in the competition Participants agree and consent to the processing and storage of any personal data provided on the online entry form for the purpose of entering this competition and for the purposes of the promotional activities around the competition including, but not limited to, display of the entries online including the information provided on the name and submission of the Participant. All prize winners agree that in consideration of the prize and their acceptance of same that the Promoter may use their names and likeness (either as captured or altered by the Promoter or any third party) for internal and external advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without compensation. Prize winners agree to participate in such promotional activities as the Promoter may require. In the circumstances, prize winners’ personal data will be processed on a contractual basis and in the Promoter’s legitimate interests.
19. The Promoter will ensure that all personal data will be collected and processed in compliance with Data Protection law and Participants agree that Lidl Northern Ireland GmbH may store and process their personal data for the purposes of administering the competition. The Promoter may use a third party to process Participants’ entries and will ensure that sufficient guarantees are in place with regard to the security of the Participants’ information. Participants’ data will not be transferred out of the EU and such entry data, with the exception of data required under these terms and conditions, will be destroyed immediately after conclusion of the competition. Participants may withdraw their consent to such processing and have the right of access, erasure, rectification and portability. Participants may also apply for a restriction of processing. Data protection questions or concerns can be addressed to email@example.com. Participants may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
20. Participants agree to bear complete responsibility for any personal data they submit on social media websites which shall additionally be subject to the relevant Terms and Conditions & Privacy Policies of those websites. Participants agree to hold the Promoter harmless in relation to data they submit in this fashion.
21. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the relevant winner’s name and entry for purposes of advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and winners agree to take part in such related promotional activities as the Promoter may require.
22. Adequate technical security measures are taken to ensure the security of all personal information.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to a winner or to disqualify any Participant who breaches any of these Terms and Conditions or who brings or tends to bring the name of the Promoter, its agents, associates, products, or other affiliated organizations into disrepute or otherwise where it deems it necessary to do so at its sole discretion.
24. The prize excludes all other costs and arrangements not expressly included in the prize, such as travel and accommodation. Additional charges and expenses incurred for goods, services, attractions, facilities, upgrades, activities, events and any other items not expressly included in the prize are payable solely by the successful winner.
25. The Promoter and its associated companies will not be held liable where such charges and/or expenses are incurred, and no refund or reimbursement will be made to winners in this regard.
26. The Promoter and its associated companies will not be held responsible for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by Participants or winners, howsoever arising, from participating in the competition or from acceptance of any prize, whether due to any error, omission by the Promoter its employees or agents, or for any other reason, and Participants agree to indemnify the Promoter in this regard.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to amend any element of a competition, for reasons beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to the unavailability of the competition entry platform before the closing date, or for strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rules, regulations or other direction, breakdown of plant, machinery, or transportation. The Promoter and its associated companies, is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to Participants as a result of any of these occurrences.
28. By submitting an entry, Participants grant the Promoter a perpetual, worldwide, non–exclusive, royalty–free, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, publish, edit and make derivative works of Participants’ entries in any media and through any media channel.
29. Participants indemnify and hold the Promoter and its respective affiliates, directors, agents, or other partners ("the Indemnitees") harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and expenses brought or asserted by a third party against any of the Indemnitees arising as a result of the Promoter's use of the Participant's submission including but not limited to any breach of third party intellectual property rights.
30. By participating in this promotion, Participants agree to release, discharge and hold the Promoter harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from participation in this competition (save that nothing shall limit the Promoter’s liability for fraud, death, or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence).
31. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Northern Irish law and the courts of Northern Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over the interpretation of same.
32. By entering into the competition, participants automatically accept these Terms and Conditions.