GOODNESS GANG EXCLUSIVE CHARACTER COMPETITION
1. This competition is promoted by Lidl Northern Ireland GmbH, (“the Promoter”) whose registered office is located at Dundrod Road, Nutts Corner, Co. Antrim BT29 4SR.
2. The competition runs from Monday 20th August 2018 until midnight Sunday 2nd September 2018.
3. The competition is open to entrants in Northern Ireland, excluding employees of Lidl Ireland GmbH and Lidl Northern Ireland GmbH, affiliated companies of Lidl Ireland GmbH and Lidl Northern Ireland GmbH, partners, families or anyone associated with this competition (“Participants”).
4. The prize for each of the three winners is two exclusive Goodness Gang Back to School characters.
5. To enter this competition, fill in the online entry form provided by Lidl on https://www.lidl.ie/en/food-heroes.htm. All valid entries will be entered into the competition. Only one entry will be permitted per person. The top three most creative entries will be chosen as the winners.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal value should the advertised prize become unavailable for reasons beyond its control.
a. must be suitable for display and publication online and should not be obscene or indecent (including but not limited to nudity, pornography or profanity), and must not contain defamatory statements or words or symbols that are offensive either generally or to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group. They must not include threats to any person, place, business or group, must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and must not in any other way violate applicable laws, regulations, or network standards if sent electronically;
b. must not contain or refer to any products other than those of Lidl and must not contain or reference any third party trademarks or logos other than those of Lidl, unless such inclusion is merely incidental and is not unduly prominent as long as it is included with due cause and in such a way that it does not take unfair advantage of any third party trademarks; and
c. must be the entrant’s own work and must not contain any copyright protected works (other than as owned by the entrant).
8. Any entries which are incomplete, without all the required information, illegible, incomprehensible, in poor taste, derogatory, defamatory, made or received after the deadline for receiving entries has passed, or which are not received by the Promoter or are not otherwise in accordance with the campaign terms and conditions, are invalid and will not be included.
9. The Promoter shall not bear any responsibility to notify Participants of incomplete entries or entries that have not been submitted or correctly submitted by the closing date of the competition.
10. If any group of people elects to collaborate on a submission, they are required to designate one person as the agent of the group to make the entry, agree to these terms and conditions, and act as liaison with the Promoter.
11. Entries received in connection with this competition may be reviewed by the Promoter or a third party moderator after they have been submitted online to confirm that they comply with these terms and conditions. If any such entries are or could reasonably be construed as being unlawful or contrary to these terms and conditions, they will be discarded.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition and/or vary competition rules and/or these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility (including but not limited to requesting written proof of age of any Participant) and identity of any Participant and / or winner before prizes are distributed.
14. The decision of The Promoter in relation to the selection of winners is final; no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the competition.
15. The winner will be contacted via the details provided on entry of the competition. The Winner must respond and make arrangement for the delivery of their prize. If the winner does not claim their prize within 4 weeks from the date of contact then their prize will be forfeited.
16. All prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other prize alternatives will be offered. Prizes will only be awarded to the winner.
17. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, results, or conduct of the competition, the decision of the Promoter will be final.
18. By participating in the competition Participants agree to the processing and storage of any personal data provided on the online entry form for the purpose of entering this competition and for the purposes of the promotional activities around the competition including, but not limited to, display of the entries online including the information provided on the name and submission of the Participant.
19. The Promoter will ensure that all personal data will be collected and processed in compliance with Data Protection law. Participants agree to bear complete responsibility for any personal data they submit to social media websites which shall additionally be subject to the relevant Terms and Conditions & Privacy Policies of those websites.
20. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the relevant winner’s name and entry for purposes of advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and winners agree to take part in such related promotional activities as the Promoter may require.
21. Adequate technical security measures are taken to ensure the security of all personal information.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to a winner or to disqualify any Participant who breaches any of these Terms and Conditions or who brings or tends to bring the name of the Promoter, its agents, associates, products, or other affiliated organizations into disrepute or otherwise where it deems it necessary to do so at its sole discretion.
23. The prize excludes all other costs and arrangements not expressly included in the prize. Additional charges and expenses incurred for goods, services, attractions, facilities, upgrades, activities, events and any other items not expressly included in the prize are payable solely by the successful winner.
24. The Promoter and its associated companies will not be held liable where such charges and/or expenses are incurred, and no refund or reimbursement will be made to winners in this regard.
25. The Promoter and its associated companies do not accept responsibility for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by Participants or winners howsoever arising from participating in the competition or from acceptance or consumption of any prize whether due to any error, omission by the Promoter its employees and agents, or for any other reason, and Participants agree to indemnify the Promoter in this regard.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to amend any element of a competition, for reasons beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to the unavailability of the competition entry platform before the closing date, or for strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rules, regulations or other direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. The Promoter and its associated companies, is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to Participants as a result of any of these occurrences.
27. By submitting an entry, Participants grant the Promoter a perpetual , worldwide, non–exclusive, royalty–free, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, publish, edit and make derivative works Participants’ entries in any media and through any media channel.
28. Participants shall indemnify and hold the Promoter and their respective affiliates, directors, agents, or other partners ("the Indemnitees") harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and expenses brought or asserted by a third party against any of the Indemnitees arising as a result of the Promoter's use of the Participant's submission including but not limited to any breach of third party intellectual property rights.
29. By participating in this promotion, Participants agree to release, discharge and hold the Promoter harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from participation in this competition (save that nothing shall limit the Promoter’s liability for fraud, death, or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence).
30. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Northern Irish law and the courts of Northern Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over the interpretation of same.
31. By entering into the competition, participants automatically accept these Terms and Conditions.
Data Privacy Notice
Before you enter the Goodness Gang Online Competition, there are a few things you should know! In order to process your entry, we need to use some of your personal information. We use this information only with your consent for the purpose of the competition. You can withdraw your consent any time you wish. The information we need is your name, phone number and email address. We will only keep this information for four weeks and it will then be deleted. You have the right to apply for - access, rectification, erasure, objection to / restriction of processing, and data portability. You also have the right to contact the Data Protection Commission or the Lidl Data Controller.
Lidl Northern Ireland GmbH