Classic Roast Chicken with bacon, lemon and thyme
- 1 Bally Manor Whole Chicken
- 3 tsps Primadonna Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pkt Glensallagh Smoked Back Bacon Rashers – chopped
- 50g Dairy Manor Butter
- 2 Lemons – zested & juiced
- 2 sprigs of Thyme
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180oC.
2. Place the chicken on a roasting tray and season, rub the chicken all over with olive oil and thyme then roast for 25 minutes.
3. Remove and add the bacon, zest of a lemon and butter then carry on roasting and cook for a further 45 minutes to an hour, until golden.
4. Add lemon juice to finish.
Tip: Serve with roast potatoes, cooked in duck fat.