Roast Chicken with bacon, whole garlic & red wine vinegar
- 1 Bally Manor Whole Chicken
- 3 tsps Primadonna ExtraVirgin Olive Oil
- 1 pkt Glensallagh Smoked Bacon - chopped
- 50g Dairy Manor Butter
- 2 Lemons - zested & juiced
- 2 sprigs of Thyme
- Pre-heat your oven to 180oC.
- Place the chicken on a roasting tray and season, rub the chicken all over with olive oil and thyme then roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove and add the bacon, zest of a lemon andbutter then carry on roasting and cook for a further 45 minutes to an hour, until golden.
- Add lemon juice to finish.Tip: Serve with roast potatoes, cooked in duck fat.