Main Content Area
As an international business we are fully aware of our size and presence in the public eye.We respect cultural variety and recognise differences in values and traditions.Our work is a reflection of our Company Principles and Code of Conduct.
- Customer satisfaction is our primary goal.
- Outstanding value for money defines our market position.
- We grow through expansion and continuous improvement in our stores.
- As a retail multiple, we follow a systematic approach.
- Efficient decision making and simple working practices ensure our success.
- We comply with applicable law and internal guidelines.
- In conducting our daily business, we assume economic, social and environmental responsibility.
- It is our duty to be fair to everyone in our Company.
- We respect and support each other.
- We honour our agreements and believe in trust.
- Praise, recognition and constructive criticism shall determine our working atmosphere.
- We surround ourselves with ‘strong’ employees - with support through deputies assured in all areas.
OUR MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES
- We agree targets together with our employees, define clear duties, develop tasks and define areas of responsibilities with room for initiative.
- We place confidence in our employees and trust that they will complete all tasks to the best of their ability, and that they will develop ideas and suggestions that will benefit our business.
- We speak to each other openly and promote honest, prompt and direct communication.
- We treat each other fairly and respectfully.
- We honour our agreements with our employees as a trustworthy partner.
- We give regular feedback to our employees on their performance and conduct. We support and motivate by recognition of achievements and constructive criticism.
- We monitor all areas of our business in a results driven and reflective manner. As a team, we are pro-active in identifying and realising improvement potential throughout our organisation.
- We are reliable, trustworthy and loyal – especially in times of crisis and conflict.
- We are open to changes and challenges with the aim of developing and continuously improving our business.
OUR MANAGEMENT CULTURE
- We create a working environment that encourages initiative and drive and promotes enjoyment and satisfaction at work.
- We enable our employees to work effectively and successfully for our business and we support our employees’ development.
- In leading by example, each of us contributes to the achievement of common goals and to the fulfilment of our management culture and principles.
CODE OF CONDUCT When Dealing With Our Customers
Our customers are the most important people to our Company. Their wishes are paramountand shape the way we operate.
- We strive to offer our customers full availability across our entire product range at all times.
- We serve our customers in a friendly, respectful and honest manner.
- We satisfy our customers’ queries, requests and issues in a timely manner.
- We always ensure for our customer quality and freshness at the best price.
- We offer our customers clean and tidy stores at all times.
- We provide our customers with a convenient and pleasant shopping experience.
CODE OF CONDUCT When Dealing With Our Employees
- We conduct our business in a way that ensures we are recognised and valued as an attractiveemployer.
- We prefer to fill vacancies with internal candidates and support inter-departmental and inter-company transfers.
- We select candidates using professional recruitment methods.
- Recruitment decisions follow the four-eye principle and include the line manager.
- We are attentive and well prepared in welcoming new employees on their first day.
- We train every employee comprehensively to prepare them for their role and duties.
- We provide and seek regular feedback to ensure that training is successful.
- We provide a working environment which supports and enables a healthy work-life balance.
- Our remuneration refl ects the position, performance and commitment of our employees and thecurrent employment market.
- We provide regular individual employee appraisals assessing performance, conduct and development within the Company.
- We actively support our employees’ professional and personal development.
- We part ways with our employees in a fair, respectful and professional manner.
CODE OF CONDUCT When Dealing With Our Business Partners
- Our approach towards business partners is competitive and fair.
- We clearly define our performance expectations regarding the delivery of goods and services to avoid uncertainty and potential misunderstandings.
- We keep our promises and agreements and are a trustworthy partner. We expect the same from our business partners in return. Our word is our bond.
- We regularly monitor performance in line with expectations.
- We negotiate competitively with focus on price and performance and are willing to consider new business partners.
- We approach our business partners in a fair and co-operative manner and do not conduct ourselves in a conceited or arrogant manner.
- We communicate in a constructive and professional manner at all times.
- We expect our business partners to improve and optimise their products and services and support them in doing so.
- We are open to constructive ideas and objectively assess their potential to enhance our business.
- We do not accept any gifts or any similar form of incentive from our business partners.