Roast Turkey with Truffle & Walnut Butter
Ingredients:4kg Lidl “Ready to Cook” turkey
125g softened Dairy Manor butter
125g toasted chopped Alesto walnuts
10g fresh chopped parsley
10g fresh chopped sage
20ml Deluxe truffle oil
Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 220 degreescentigrade.
- To make the truffle butter thoroughly mix together the toasted walnuts, butter, sage, parsley and truffle oil. Use a blender if necessary.
- Rub the inside of the turkey with salt and pepper.
- Next run your fingers under the skin of the turkey breast and peel back as far as possible. Place two thirds of the truffle butter on the turkey breast and cover by pulling the skin back to its original position.
- Place the turkey (breast side up) in a roasting tray and cover loosely with foil. Transfer to the oven and reduce the temperature to 180 degrees centigrade. Cook for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours remove the foil andspread the rest of the truffle butter over the turkey. Cook for a further 45 minutes basting occasionally.
- Finally remove the turkey from the oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes before carving.